Friday, May 28, 2010

Beauty

I deleted my other blog and just transferred my blog entries into this one, haha.  Actually the blog I wrote during SP

I rarely read fashion magazines anymore because it promotes this image that woman need to dress or act sexually to get a guy's attention. Im not trying to be high and mighty here.  Its just that reading/looking through these magazines really discourages and even distorts the mindset of a girl trying to be modest.  Unfortunately, Ive seen Christian women and even myself read through these magazines and conform to the world's definition of beauty. Its already bad enough that we have a hard time accepting our own self-image  , then you add the worlds unrealistic expectations.
  Yesterday, I caved in and started browsing through this makeup magazine.    I came upon this article about Dania Ramirez.  

What is your attitude about Beauty?
Beauty is owning who you are. It starts from the inside out...really accepting yourself, is to me, what makes you beautiful

I really like her answer.  Looking through the world's eyes,  beauty is unobtainable.  There are different definitions and perceptions of beauty.   I know this one place in Africa,  the more overweight a woman is, the more beautiful she is.   Pale skin is considered beautiful in Asia. Beauty is defined by how many peircings you have.   So many definitions!  No one can be beautiful in this world.

We need to accept ourselves, knowing that God fearfully and wonderfully made us.  It sounds really cliche, right? But this is biblical truth and sometimes these truths are hard to accept and believe   Most of us haven't accepted the fact that God finds us beautiful  no matter what. In the end,  I rather look beautiful to Him than to the world.

1 comments:

Elbert C. said...

Well said Danielle, this layout looks pretty nice haha

Post a Comment